Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, December 18, 2006

Zoinks and jinkies and sadness all around

Man. Nothing kills a vacation high faster than famous people dying. Except maybe seeing old people naked. Remind me not to be visiting the grandparents for a while.

Anyways, Joe Barbera died. The co-creator of Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, the Jetsons, the Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, Scooby Doo, and Space Ghost. How sad is that?

Of course, he was 95. Man, if he was naked he would be the worst of both worlds. I mean, uh, rest in peace.

I think the world will be a little bit sadder with good old Joe. We all need a little spirit-raising and good times. Speaking of good times, did anyone else think that Wilma was a silent sufferer of domestic abuse? Their relationship was odd. Of course, so was Fred and Barney's. Not odd, like my fascination with Elvis, but odd like Batman and Robin. Just a thought. And why was a Great Dane lighting up with Shaggy, and getting the munchies? That was a weird image for kids. But still, we all enjoyed Barbera's work, and the world will mourn him.

So hide the pic-i-nic baskets and hop in the Mystery Machine. Pay tribute, my friends. Pay tribute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home