Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Holiday statistics

So I was talking to someone last night about the seemingly overwhelming number of homely people in the world. This conversation segued easily into comparing Seinfeld statistics to what we see when we look around.

On an episode of Seinfeld, Jerry and Elaine discuss the percentage of ugly people in the world. Elaine thinks that 20 to 25% of the population is good looking, while Jerry maintains that it is 4 to 5%. The rest, as Jerry says, is undateable. And the only reason this 95% ugly population gets together with anyone is alcohol. And we've all been there.

Clearly we all define beauty different ways. I think Don Geronimo and James Gandolfini are hot, but I think I have different standards than everyone else. Personality really plays into it for me. Oh, and men who are pussies are instantaneously ugly for me. I like men to be men, like Stephen Colbert. So, see, I'm not just all superficial about looks.

I would say that, just looking around, the percentage of less than attractive people (taking into consideration looks and personality, with personality getting most of my attention) hovers somewhere around 80%. That's right: I see 80% of the population as undateable, in Jerry's terms.

Or unbangable, in other people's terms.

So if you are planning on having a great holiday season, you might plan on packing vodka wherever you go. Just spreading some more Christmas cheer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

The trick is that everyone sees that differently. I would say personality and sense of humor are huge for me, plus a love of sports. The sports part helps get that manly part of the population. The rest is the other. Supposedly there are approximately 500,000 people in the world we could fall in love with though only about 200 of them would make us absolutely happy and only 50 would be true soulmates.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home