Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, December 01, 2006

T-minus 24 days

I'm currently killing time waiting for someone to get out of a meeting and I thought to myself, "Self, what better way to effectively utilize your time than by posting gift ideas?" While I briefly toyed with the idea of proofreading some students' papers, I ended up agreeing with myself on the gift idea.

Besides, I'm doing my Christmas shopping tomorrow and others may want to likewise get a jump on the holiday season, so really I'm helping everyone by being so on top of things. I like to be helpful.

List:

Dee-Licious the Dog
Blue Christmas Light from Graceland (seriously)
Seasons 2-4 of Scrubs
Seasons 2-5 of The Brady Bunch
Gift cards to Amazon
"All Shook Up" Elvis Champagne (yup)
David Wilkins' book American Indian Politics
Strangers With Candy, the movie
Seasons 1-5 of Queer as Folk
Amy Sedaris' book I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence
Seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested Development
Elvis coins
Things from my two favorite antique stores (in Lewiston and Palouse, and you know who I'm talking to)
Stephen King's Darktower series in hardcover
Season 1 of Weeds
All seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm
Elvis windchimes
Bookends
A small pearl ring
Cover of Rolling Stone framed
All seasons of Entourage

Ok, that's more than enough to get everyone started. And remember, it is better to give than to receive. So really I'm helping everyone. It's nice to be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home