Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Maybe I'll go online next year . . .

And my Christmas shopping is done-ish for the year. I still have a couple of things left, but I know exactly where to go for those.

Doesn’t that sound nice?

The story behind the shopping is not quite as nice. Yesterday’s shopping trip pushed me fairly close to the edge, and I’m sure that sailors everywhere were blushing at my verbal outbursts. It was a mother-fucker of a day to get these presents. And if I bought you presents, and you don’t like them, tough shit. I spent 10 hours shopping and I’m still a bit grumpy over it.

Stupid parking lot. Stupid too many shoppers. Stupid parents with their SUV strollers, who refuse to recognize that walking in the middle of the aisle at a snail’s pace is bound to result in my fury.

On the bright side, I came home and wrapped the presents while drinking wine and watching A Very Brady Christmas. I was in a much better mood by the end of that. I do enjoy wrapping gifts, and they look fantastic, may I just say. And there’s nothing like a merlot and Mike Brady’s Christmas toast to put everything into perspective.

So here it is, with three weeks to go before the day, and I am essentially set. I’m so proud of myself. Now I can focus on grading finals and packing. I hit the road in a few weeks, so watch out Pocatello. Ace is coming to town, spreading Christmas cheer wherever she goes. Just ask my fellow shoppers in Spokane.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heathie said...

So I guess you won't want to go shopping with the boys and me when you get here... Maybe if we promise to take the VW Bus stroller instead of the SUV stroller?...

7:11 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I think you might want to consider opening a site that allows people to post their lists and in return you could help them refine their selections and see that the appropriate person receives the list. I guess it could mean big bucks. However, I suspect Elvis themed Christmas' would become the norm.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home