Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, December 17, 2006

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go . . .

I'm all packed. The car is filled up. A note has been written to my cat-sitters. Christmas presents are ready to go.

I don't leave for another day and a half. This is what happens when you have OCD and plenty of free time on a Sunday. I did all my laundry today, cleaned my whole house, and took care of all of my pre-trip tasks. Now I'm bored (which explains the Peter, Paul, and Mary reference) and wishing that I could take off now. Well, not now now, since I'm not to be trusted driving in the dark. But soon now.

As much as I love, love, love Pullman, I am so ready to get out of here. Stupid finals tomorrow. I'm going to rush down to Lewiston, give some exams, grade like it's going out of style for the rest of the day, and then I'm gone, gone, gone.

Vacation. In Pocatello, but it's still a vacation. Sleeping in. Eating other people's food. Watching the 5 ka-billion channels my father gets. And just livin' large, Pocatello style.

And while I'll miss Pullman (and the spare ribs and tequilla, and good company of last night), there's nothing better than leaving here. If only for a bit. Oh, and the drive home is long so sometimes I call people to pass the time. And I'm leaving pretty early, so for all of you on speed dial, just pray that I don't get bored until after Wallace. Or at least Worley.

Safe driving to me, and merry one-week-until-Christmas-Eve!

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I hope you don't get bored until at least Wallace. If you get bored at Worley just try to imagine where the resort might be located.

8:40 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Nothing like living large Pocatello style

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home