Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

You WILL get a sentimental feeling

Sigh. My department is having their holiday luncheon today. Something I haven't missed since my first year here in 2002. And I'm missing it today. Right now, as a matter of fact. Maybe people will feel badly enough for me to save some food. But I've seen the people I work with attack free food like starving refugees, so I'm guessing there will be no leftovers.

Speaking of holidays, am I the only person who loves Christmas music? I've been playing it non-stop since Thanksgiving, and I received a complaint today. My neighbor called me to verify that she was, in fact, hearing Christmas music emanating from my apartment.

The way she broached the topic, you would have thought I was either: (a) killing puppies or (b) playing Christmas music in July. Is it that shocking that I am listening to Christmas music in December? Being the self-less person that I am, I gave her a choice of Christmas music. I could play Elvis Christmas (which is what was on), my Brady Bunch Christmas album, or my Neil Diamond Christmas CD.

Shockingly, none of those seemed like good options to her. By the way, our walls are about thisthin, so it's not like I was cranking the music up. I can hear when she sneezes.

I told this story to Paul as we were driving into work. He shifted a bit guiltily in his seat, and then admitted that he too hates Christmas music. Which we were currently listening to (hey, it's my car. He should just be happy that I didn't have Air Supply on). He then pointed out that I was in the minority on this.

I honestly had no idea. But I've now taken it up as my own personal mission to convert all of you pagans. I will play the Tiny Gimpy Tim to all you bastardly Scrooges.

It's Christmas, people. Enjoy this special time of year. Drink your eggnog. Decorate your tree. Innocently run into people underneath your mistletoe.

And enjoy the goddamn Christmas music. Learn it, live it, love it.

Godless heathens.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heathie said...

I discovered, just this year, that David also hates Christmas music. What's wrong with these people? I also discovered that the record player you gave me makes "Barbra Streisand/A Christmas Album" sound way better than my old record player did. Thanks again!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I love Christmas music. I have 16 hours on my computer and it runs all day at work. Plus the all Christmas music station (98.1 KISC) is required listening in the car. I remind the grinches that it only comes once a year and unless they want to listen to it year round they will shut up and put up.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home