Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, December 23, 2006

I like numbers

First, happy birthday to Maryanne! Whoo! Even though she is currently in one of the Carolinas (I think the non-Stephen Colbert one), I'm sure she is livin' it up. Maybe when she gets back to the part of the nation that does not still commemorate Jefferson Davis' birthday, we can celebrate. And by celebrate, I mean eat pumpkin cheesecake and drink.

Speaking of drinking . . .

Second, I'll be consuming a lot of this over the next few days:

Maybe some stories on that will be coming later.

Third, is it wrong if I want to go see Rocky VI again? Because I do. I really, really do. Why? Because I can't sing or dance.

Fourth, I bet I'm the only one laughing at that last joke.

Fifth, still looking for a gift for me? I would like to be an Elvis insider. I get discounts and "insider" information. Ok, so I really do want this so I guess I shouldn't mock it, but what kind of "insider" information do you think they mean? He's been dead* for almost 30 years. Has he really been up to something, to the point where I could get the down low before anyone else? I don't know, but I'd kind of like to find out. And the discounts. I'm going to Graceland this summer, and think of all the money I'll save. Before I get banned for life for being inappropriate.**

Sixth, how many times do you think I can watch A Very Brady Christmas with my family before they ban me for life?

Seventh, I got all excited today when I saw an ad for the Christmas Story marathon on TBS. Which I plan on watching. Even though I own the movie. Because it is tradition to watch the TBS marathon. And holidays are nothing without tradition. How would we know it's Christmas without TBS? That's like celebrating my birthday without my six-month countdown.

Eighth, do you think my cat misses me? Do you think she misses how I like to make numbered lists to recap everything?

Ninth, my dinner is ready. And Pocatello is very exciting, yes?

*Allegedly.
**Inappropriate actions include, but are not limited to, stealing some memorabilia, going behind the velvet ropes to sit on the monkey chair in the Jungle Room (thank you, pop-up Graceland book), and, of course, humping the music note gates. At least those are some of the actions you can bet on me trying. I know what you're thinking, but I crossed that line so long ago that it really just doesn't matter anymore. I embrace the crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Your cat does miss you. I sat with her today and petted her. Miss Skirt loves to be held and petted. She purred and purred and then purred some more. She also ripped up your toilet paper and so we had a discussion about proper cat behavior, which I don't really think she listened to very much. By the way, I bought her a very nice toy mouse. It is white with holly on its tail. I'm warning you in case you see it. I didn't want any hysterics.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home