Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Limp studs

This week doesn’t seem to be my week. On Monday, when I was Pukey Ace (which I might still be), I couldn’t get my car out of my driveway because of the snow. So yesterday, I shelled out $479 to get studded tires put on.

And, tree-huggers or road-lovers, don’t complain about how those tires tear up the roads. They also save lives. Especially with how I drive. Which is all safe, and stuff. Maybe.

I need them for when I drive through the mountain passes in Montana. As fun as those high-elevation, windy roads are in the winter, they are also a bit dicey sans-studded tires.

So I got those tires on, and I was feeling great driving through the icy streets of Pullman yesterday. I was muttering under my breath about people driving slowly because of the new-found freedom my studded tires gave me in speeding along over the blackest ice.

This morning I was so excited to drive straight out of my driveway with no problems. I stopped at the store to buy a paper and some coffee on my way to work when I noticed a problem: one of my nice new tires seemed a bit low. And by low, I mean it was

GODDAMN FLAT!!!

My new tire!

So I had to drop my car off yet again at the tire place, where I might have yelled at a worker (because it was going to cause me to be late and it is just ridiculous to have a flat the day after buying BRAND NEW GODDAMN TIRES!!!). I’m assuming I will be getting a least a partial refund.

On the bright side, yesterday was Laura’s birthday so I had ice cream and éclairs. That does actually put me back in the positive column, week-wise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Limp studs are better than limp other things. Besides eclairs make any day great.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home