Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, November 20, 2006

Classy touches from Hollywood

Do we all remember the O.J. trial? Ah, the good times: the glove, Kato, the Bronco. Memories, memories. Well, Simpson, in yet another attempt to prove just how innocent he is in the brutal slaying of his wife and another man, decided he would write a book. And by write, I'm guessing I mean "write" since the man can barely sign an autograph while denying his involvement in the murder.

Anyways, the book was to be about how O.J. would have committed the murders, if he had done them. The title? If I Did It. The subtitle: Which I Totally Didn't, Because Remember How I Was All Acquitted and Stuff and Have Spent the Last Eleven Years Trying to Find the Real Killer In Between Rounds of Golf, Because I'm Innocent?

The book sounded like a good idea from day one. And not at all in bad taste. Apparently, though, there was a bit of an uproar and someone brought it to some marketing genius’s attention.

Rupert Murdoch, chairman of the company that owns the publishing house that gave this project the thumbs up, stated that "I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project."

No shit, Sherlock. Ill-considered, though? Really? See, when a pleasantly plump lady wears low-riders and a too-short shirt, that is ill-considered. When I stand in line behind Granny Grocery who has a couple for every goddamn thing in her cart, that's ill-considered. When you gossip in the department bathroom without first checking to see who all is around, that, my friends, is ill-considered.

Commissioning an "innocent" man to write a book on how he would have killed his wife so that he could have gotten away with it*, and still shown that bitch what's what, that might be more than ill-considered. Perhaps very ill-considered. Or even, and I hate to go out on a limb here, fucking retarded. Ass-hats.

Speaking of douchebags from Hollywood, a big shout-out to the racist Michael Richards, aka Kramer. Yelling racial epithets at hecklers during a stand-up routine is a great way to move your career forward, so well done. Perhaps calling two African-American men the n-word and announcing that fifty years ago he would have had them upside down with a fucking fork up their asses, and then telling them that that's what they get for interrupting "the white man," was a poor idea.

Some might even call it ill-considered.

*Of course, that makes it sound as though he didn't already get away with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home