Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, November 06, 2006

The price is wrong, bitch!

While there were no jokes about pudding pops, Saturday night's Bill Cosby Extravaganza did feature a Fat Albert moment. And that, my friends, made it all worth it.

Actually, what made it all worth it was the 18 year-old sitting in front of me. Before I sound dirty and creepy (or, really, dirtier and creepier), let's put this into perspective. This girl decided to fix her hair before Cosby began (because, even though it was dark, looking your best is always important). She lacked a mirror, so she used her camera phone.

That's right. Her camera phone. She turned the viewfinder on herself. As annoying and vain as this was (and hysterical), I have to give her credit for being innovative.

Speaking of innovations (and really bad segues), did you all see that Bob Barker is retiring? The man who got his jollies by sexually harassing* the women on his show (the Barker Beauties) and "hiding" $100 bills in his pockets for "lucky" contestants, is leaving The Price Is Right. Who will remind us to spay and neuter our pets? Who will be condescending when someone fails at Plinko? Who will demonstrate his amazing athletic prowess by sinking a putt in Hole in One? Who will giggle like it is his first time hearing the yodeling song during Cliff Hangers?

And who watched a little too much Price Is Right as a child?

So, people, let's all come on down and observe a moment of silence, please, for this depressing turn of events.

And then go back to the true intellectual game show of America.

Wheel! Of! Fortune!

*Allegedly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always, ALWAYS, laugh out loud when I hear that line. "The price is *wrong*, bitch!" AAHA! I just did it again.

Also fun is to randomly shout out, "No, I will NOT make out with you!" The cool people will get it.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home