Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Count those ballots

Guess what today is? In addition to being the day after elections (did you vote, or were you a pathetic loser who is content with how things are running?), it is also MORE THAN A WEEK AFTER HALLOWEEN. Take your goddamn decorations down.

Now, while I might be guilty of putting my Christmas decorations up a bit early (is July too early? No, I put them up the day after Thanksgiving), I would NEVER leave them up too long after Christmas. The day after New Year's and those babies come down like a cheap whore.

I really hate it when people leave their decorations up through January, February, or the entire year. If you are too goddamn lazy to take them down, don't put up your stupid inflatable Santa Claus. We all hate it anyways.

But Halloween decorations up in November seems even worse to me. Is there anything more depressing than seeing a dying jack-o-lantern sitting on a porch? Besides finding out that Britney Spears and Mr. Britney Spears are headed for divorce court (like that segue? I'm working on it), or course.

Did not see that one coming. They seemed like the perfect couple, if by perfect I mean that they both have the IQ of a child of four, who is on crack. It just makes me question all of Hollywood's couples, really. If Britney and Bad-Rapper can't make it, who can? Watch out Tom Hanks* and Rita Wilson: you could be next.

Oh, and I found what I want for my Christmas/half-birthday/me-being-me present. A long-haired Chihuahua. Now, before you get all judge-y and remind me that my animals tend to be a bit creepy and that I'm not a good pet owner . . . uh, okay. Maybe no dog for me.

*I still can't stand Tom Hanks, but I do like that his marriage has outdistanced most Hollywood couples. Not that being married more than 1 year takes that much work to beat them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home