Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'll take the treat, thanks

The temperature has dropped dramatically in Pullman over the last few days. Low teens equals a cold Ace.

It also equals justification for staying inside, watching TV, and drinking hot chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate, can I just say how much I hate the Disney-ification of Halloween? Parents never allow their kids to dress up as anything scary anymore, and trick-or-treating seems to be something in the past at this point. Now kids go to churches or parking lots (I swear to God, and it is called "Trunk or Treating," I am not making this up) for candy.

I was pretty sure there would be no trick-or-treaters at my house, so I didn't buy any candy. I really got a craving for fun sized Milky Ways (and who came up with that misleading title, fun sized my ass!) around 8, and I semi-regretted my decision not to buy candy.

But then I had a vision of myself in the middle of the night, bent over from stomach cramps after eating my own weight in candy, with chocolate ringing my lips. And I was ok with my decision to not buy candy.

That did not stop me, however, from raiding the candy bowl by the register at the coffee shop multiple times. I had no shame, and even took candy when I wasn't even buying more coffee. I'm sure they love me there.

Alright, I now have to go lecture on World War I. The Great War, as some might call it. Those probably aren't the people who suffered from trench-foot. Go google that image after gorging on fun sized Snickers. Yum.

Happy November!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . It was 77 degrees here today. Sometimes living in the dirty South ain't so bad after all, I reckon.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Heathie said...

Yeah, we almost took the boys "Trunk-or-treating" but wisely decided against it. Sad to admit, we didn't go because I was too lazy to go even car to car, forget door to door...But you can bet your hat that as soon as the boys are old enough for fake warts and blood, they will wear scary costumes.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

A) Castaspella, it is not nice to brag about fine weather, when some of us were excited that the temperature is back up to the 30s. Sounds like I'll just have to visit the Dirty South.

B) Heather, I don't want to bet my hat. It's an Elvis hat. Is that a Utah phrase? And where are Halloween pictures of the boys?

C) Some of my students brought me candy, so I am riding a sugar high.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home