Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, June 02, 2006

Makin' a wish

I've already consumed my own weight in sugar and chocolate, and my birthday isn't even 12 hours old. Damn, I love June 2. The celebrations will continue throughout the day, but let's give a big shout-out to the kids who took me to breakfast, sat through the waitresses singing "Happy Birthday!" to me, and sneakily paid for my food (Maryanne). And thanks to Dwayne and Vicki for leaving a chocolate donut on my desk this morning. Every morning, and not just national holidays, should begin with treats in my office. In my opinion.

Oh, in case you haven't figured it out or somehow didn't get the memo, today (and I say this in my most humble voice) happens to be my birthday. In the words of Turk, "Say it!"

And for the record, I enjoy all birthdays and not just mine. So it's not just me being selfish. I'll celebrate everyone's birthday. Although, let's face it, I do love mine in that extra-special way.

Okay, now I have to go play "Oregon Trail" with my class. I love teaching.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, and save me some cake.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home