Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, May 26, 2006

The REAL countdown

Ah, a three-day weekend is at hand. I just have to make it through today's class (and the topic is Indian Wars, so that should be captivating for the students), and I'm well on my way to doing nothing for three days.

What a great way to celebrate the final one week countdown until my birthday.

Quick story: so the other day I was at the mall and I passed two teenage boys who were staring at a mannequin. Here's their conversation:

Boy 1: Dude, check out the rack on that! (By the way, this was one of the mannequins that has no head)

Boy 2: Nice. I'd totally do her.

Ew. Reason number 583 I'm glad I'm not a boy. Or a window licker. Or that desperate. To each his own, though. Who am I to judge, since I want to someday stalk Stephen King.

Alright, happy Memorial Day to everyone. Have fun barbecuing, sitting out in the sun, and, uh, memorializing, I guess.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apples and Oranges. I mean, doing a mannequin is a far less realistic goal (not to mention unthinkable) than talking to Stephen King. So maybe a better comparison would be Sewers and Graceland.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I mis-read the "stalk Stephen King" part and thought you just wrote "talk to Stephen King" (it's late...) I'll have to change my comparison again: Landfills and Dollywood. You've been demoted. (Sewers have been changed to landfills because they are recognized as being something other than trashy)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Is it wrong that I really do want to go to Dollywood?

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home