Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, May 29, 2006

Paper training

And the birthday celebrations have begun. Yesterday, my uncle gave me either an extremely-late Christmas gift or a tad-bit-early birthday present. This might go down as one of the best presents of all time, too. A copy of the Memphis newspaper from the day after Elvis died.*

The whole paper is devoted to Elvis. And it's mine. All mine.

My uncle has saved a few copies for almost thirty years, bequeathing his penultimate copy to his favorite niece. Me.

In the paraphrased words of J.D., I love it so much it hurts.

Wow, I have no idea how the rest of you are going to be able to live up to that present. The bar has been set pretty high. But you still have to try, yes?

I have twenty bucks that says even if people had gotten me a present already, they just returned it based on those last few sentences. Damn. But I, unselfishly, still hope you all enjoy your three-day weekend, even as it winds down.

*Allegedly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home