Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, May 20, 2006

A nice cocktail of Pepto . . .

I have a tummy-ache. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to buy $12.85 worth of candy, and then sit around and eat it last night?

Oh, right.

Me.

Damn. In my defense, the original plan was to buy candy, popcorn, and beer and rent a movie with some friends. Then we decided to go to a movie, but I still thought we should buy candy to smuggle in (is it wrong if I still get a thrill from sticking it to the man, or at least the theatre owner?). Then I couldn't wait for the movie, so I ripped into the gummy bears. Then the Lemonheads. Then the Raisinettes. Then the Junior Caramels (Jr. Mints with caramel instead of mints. You can pass on these.). Then the Twizzlers (which apparently I have to play with before I eat, as Sarah pointed out).

And then we didn't even make it to the movie.

Friday night in Pullman. Hang on tight, kids, it's a wild ride. To add to the excitement, tomorrow I plan on going over to the Rhetts' to hem some skirts. I tell ya, I go craaaazy on the weekends! I blame people who leave cabins on Saturday mornings instead of Sunday afternoons. Sigh, that's fine. I didn't want to go to the lake anyways.

And since I haven't been posting too regularly, here's my recap of all that is Ace:

My nephews (or maybe just one of them; I don't listen that well) are crawling.

My dog may have arthritis. Goes well with her graying snout and her graying "lady" area.

My birthday is in less than two weeks. I'll be posting the gift list soon. Because not only am I a birthday whore, I'm also a shameless present whore.

I'm a third of the way through teaching my first summer school class ever. School and 97 degree weather don't mesh, in the world of Ace, by the way.

Go read Motherless Brooklyn. Good times.

My sunburn is peeling, providing my with a daily reminder of why God invented SPF 30.

I ate the best pizza the other night. Next time you're in Coeur d'Alene, eat at The Beacon and get the Thai chicken pizza. Is it sad that I'm saving my leftovers to enjoy while watching The Sopranos tomorrow? I like to plan ahead.

That's it for a recap. I don't know why any of you are even reading this anyways, since you should be out shopping for an Elvis-themed birthday gift.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to drive to Spokane for a midnight showing of Labyrinth. "I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say!" David Bowie in tights. Me-ow. Ew, I just threw up a bit. Maybe I'll stay in for a Sex and the City marathon, and finish off some candy. Goblin King or bad puns and discussions about funky-tasting spunk? The options are endless in the Palouse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home