Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Celebrate good times . . .

. . . come on!

Crazy how it snuck up, but today is my birthday’s eve. The celebrations will commence this evening, even if that means I’m by myself. I received my first birthday card yesterday from my grandparents, which was very exciting. It had a kitty-cat on the front. I love that I will always be 8 to my grandparents, even though my grandmother gave me a lecture last weekend on the benefits of cold cream and how I’m “not getting any younger.” This was followed up with her gentle reminder that by the time she was my age, she had four children.

But the kitten-themed card was amusing.

In case you do not believe in the traditional birthday eve celebration, let me just give you a run-down of other things you could be celebrating:

A) Today is Marilyn Monroe’s birthday. If she was still alive, she would be 80. Ew.

B) Anna-Nicole Smith confirmed pregnancy rumors, and that, to me, signifies the need to celebrate. A knocked up Anna-Nicole spells party to me.

C) Two more weeks until summer school is over.

D) Five weeks until my next Vegas trip.

E) Who are we kidding with this list? We should all be celebrating that holy day of June 2. Hop to kids, T minus twelve hours and forty-five minutes.

Shameless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Your present made it.

However, on the topic of Anna Nicole Smith being pregnant. Very interesting. What creative moniker will her child have?

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it seems as though all the good baby names have been used by other famous people; Gwyneth took the good Fruit name and Bible name for her kids, Brangelina took the good Really-long name... what's left? Here's my idea for Anna Nicole's baby: Apsmirt. (Try saying it backward.) Because pregnancy tends to be the undoing of any diet/weight loss plan. Mine was, anyway.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home