Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, May 08, 2006

Snap, Crackle, Gone

Screw what your calendar said, today was the first day of summer. I know this because last week was finals and summer school started today. I have never attended summer school, because apparently my retardation wasn't severe enough to keep me in over the summer and in college I was too poor/cheap to do it. But now I'm teaching it. It feels weird. Luckily, I live in Pullman and it was 46 degrees today to welcome in summer session.

I celebrated the end of the semester by going to a birthday/graduation party on Saturday. Where I decided that nothing goes better with a nice glass of wine than a Rice Krispies treat. Except maybe by "a" Rice Krispies treat, I really mean 10. Laura and I justified our shoveling of said treats down our mouths by pointing out that they are essentially air with little to no substance. Do you call someone a pig for breathing air? Then can you really judge me for eating what was essentially air? I think not. I should be a lawyer. Queen of the debate, right here.

Do you also like how I implicated Laura? Although I will admit that I was leading the charge, and I probably ate twice as many as she did. I'm such a whore for desserts.

But the party was good. Cynthia opened all of her girly presents and the evening ended with a lot of crass jokes about battery-operated presents. And I did not have a hangover the next day, so it seems like a great party to me.

I was almost glad to be in Pullman for a weekend. For the previous three weekends, I have been traveling around. I didn't post on Portland because there's only so many things I can say about my less-than-exemplary shopping habits. Maryanne and Laura bought cute clothes and shoes, and I bought an Elvis action-figure (yes, I did. Judge away.). Who do we think is the most mature in that shopping group? I have plenty of clothes and shoes, but how often does one see Jailhouse Rock Elvis?

And all my money right now is going towards buying new photographs. See the new link on the sidebar? If not, please to be visiting Stacy's site and buying some of her work. It's amazing. Reference me and I get a discount. And you? You'll get the satisfaction of knowing you saved me some money. Win-win, from where I stand.

Alright, my fat little dog needs to be walked now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home