Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I know who killed Laura Palmer

So I had to go buy a present for a surprise birthday party tonight. I've heard rumors that this party might be Star Trek themed. Now, I enjoyed Trekkies as much as the next person, but I am petrified the thought that people are going to be dressed as Spock or that guy with the weird face, or speak that Trekki language.

But it's still a party. I do love birthdays.

So, back to the buying of the present. In an attempt to make me more amenable to buying a sci-fi gift, I decided that I should check out some shoes first to put me in a better mood. While looking over some sandals, in the ladies section, I noticed two guys there. I thought that perhaps they were shopping for their girlfriends until I saw one of them sniffing the shoes. Ew. Did I witness some fetish behavior? In the shoe department? Ew, ew, ew.

In other news, my little dog has some growth thing on her toe. We're going to the vet Monday. I'll give the dog this: she is very brave. My old dog would start yelping as soon as we pulled up to the vet's office, and the worst he ever had to deal with was getting a shot. Oh, and having his temperature taken *that way*. But my little dog won't cry out no matter what, which is why it took me a bit to notice her latest health issue.

And really quick, I watched Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me the other night. David Lynch is messed up. Go watch it anyways. It's one of those movies that you'll love so bad. It's a prequel to the TV show, but it was made a few years after Twin Peaks was off. So, so, bad.

Alright, I've got to go and mentally prepare for this get-together tonight. And I swear to God, if I'm the only person not in costume, I will be leaving. After eating some cake. And drinking. And getting some cake to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home