Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Watch out, David Cross . . .

After kicking a little ass last night at cards, I am formally announcing my intent to play Celebrity Poker. Do you think I have to be a celebrity to be on there? They let Hank Azaria play, so clearly they will bend the rules. And I would mop the table with Brad Garrett.

Uh. So . . . yeah.

Actually, the ass-kicking I delivered last night involved not so much me cleaning up as it did me winning by a little. But here's the kicker: we played for money. Real money.

If pennies count as real money.

I made over thirty cents. That's right. Three. Zero. Suck on that.

Um. Yeah. And stuff.

So Maryanne, Sarah, and I decided that since there are no good movies out currently (at least where we live) we would stay in and play cards. They taught me a new game, and I forced them to play a betting game (that incorporates poker into it). For the record, I was on my best behavior last night. Scary, huh?

Gloating was kept to a bare minimum. They didn't get to see how competitive I actually get, but really it's more fun to get competitive when you play against your grandparents and siblings. Or is that just me?

Anyways, card-night was great fun and we are looking to make this a semi-often event. If I continue to be the ass-kicking machine I was last night, there will be a major shopping venture in my future. As long as I go to a penny candy store.

And if my card-playing companions are reading this, will you ever play with me again? If not, remember how I turned all the terminology into dirty jokes and keep in mind that I brought cookies. I'm fun to have around. And stuff.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you go out to eat with your card buddies, to make it up to them for beating them, use your winnings. I guess you'll just be paying for the tax, though, if you continue to play for pennies.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty jokes and cookies? Sounds like the perfect Saturday night date . . .

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on! Let's see, your taveling for the next, I don't know, twelve weeks, ... so that makes our next semi-frequent game in, um ... like June? Do we have to let you win if its your birthday? Oh well, we'll break out the frozen vodka drinks and it won't matter anyway...

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home