Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Fatty's new toy

Three things from my weekend:

First, I had to run to the grocery store today. I bought four items. FOUR. So I went to the express-lane. And got behind the man who couldn't read the sign that said 12 item limit. He had a full cart, and was fine with this. This was after I had had to make my way through the obstacle course of a store, negotiating my way around people who have about 30 kids, decided to bring their SUV strollers, and get those super-cute carts that the kids can pretend that they are driving.

I wasn't in the best mood to deal with this guy who was obviously flaunting the strict rules of the grocery store. Luckily, there were new magazines for me to gawk at while in line. I'm easily distracted.

Second, I saw a commercial for "Doggy Stairs" today. They are to help your dog climb up on the couch or bed. It's for really short dogs, dogs with arthritis, older dogs, and overweight dogs. Besides the fact that people are buying something to help their dogs get where they don't need to be, they are paying over $40 for this. Forty bucks to have dog hair on your couch, and a very unattractive set of stairs sticking out into your room.

Third, I'm making cookies later today and I am overly excited for that. Which means I'm so far overdue for a vacation, it's not even funny. Gingersnaps, anyone?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some old lady crowded in front of me at the store yesterday, like it was ok since she was old. I hate grocery stores.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home