Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Raisinettes, anyone?

Raise your hand if you got to work far too early. Mine's up. I guess it doesn't need to be, though, since no one can see me. But it was up.

I completely miscalculated the time it would take me to run some errands this morning, so here I am with over 20 minutes to kill.

Sounds to me like it's time to waste the morning by writing about my dream from last night.

I dreamt that I was on a sitcom, and that I was the side-kick of Calista Flockhart. We worked at a movie theatre. Harrison Ford was also in the cast, and during the opening credits you would just see his leering face in a darkened theatre, lit only by my flashlight as I searched for people who illegally brought in their own candy.

So this theatre served beer, and my main job (besides bringing the smack down on the candy-smugglers) was to get the alcohol into the plastic Dixie cups. I was constantly talking to the camera, and Calista's main job was to go throw up her lunch in the bathroom.

I vividly remember one of my camera monologues, where I was discussing the meaning of The Iliad. While still serving up the beer.

What on earth do I eat before I go to bed?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your subject line was misleading. I thought you were giving away candy as part of the anniversary celebration.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harrison Ford was on Conan o'Brien last and talked about Calista. Maybe you were doing some esp stuff

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you secretly want to work at a theatre and be best friends with an anorexic. Were you really a sidekick in your own dream?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean. We had Tacos last night and I had the most MESSED up dream. I blogged about it this morning. I was Weapons Grade Plutonium Expert for the US Government.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the hidden meaning on this post. What was the metaphor here? Did Calista represent your fear of growing older? Did Harrison represent your fear of archaeology? Did the Illiad represent your love of ships?

Or did you just eat some jalapeno poppers right before bed?

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home