Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, February 05, 2006

One for the thumb

That's a phrase I learned today. It was said often, as I watched the game with Steelers fans who are probably very happy tonight.

Speaking of people who are very happy today, all I can say is, "Fifty bucks." That's right. Five. Zero. Yup, I bet on the game and won. And you know who you are. Pay up, bitch. That money is going straight towards my Elvis-A-Rama purchases next month. Let's hear it one more time: $50. In my pocket.

So the game was all nice and stuff. Especially since it had a cash bonus for some of us. And, almost as importantly, the food at the Superbowl Party was GREAT! I had wings, mozzarella sticks, chips, brownies, cookies, and much, much more. Yum.

Favorite commercials: the streaking sheep, the cavemen Fed-Ex (mainly because I enjoyed when the caveman punted the little dinosaur) and the Sierra Mist airport commercial with Kathy Griffin.

Least favorites: the creepy Burger King one with the women dressed as lettuce, tomatoes, buns, onions, etc., and all of the Diet Pepsi commercials. "Brown and bubbly" is a tagline that makes me not so much thirsty as nauseous. Good work, marketing geniuses.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the bear one? I like the guy running through to steal the beer giving up his friends safety.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

By the way, the little boy who attended the party had a stomach ache last night.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was the little boy?

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home