Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dressed for success

Odd comment from Laura: "Wow, this hospital is pretty nice. It's got good natural light and is quiet. I could study here."

Laura, for the record, wasn't the patient. I really hope she wasn't serious about studying at the hospital, because I would never see her. I have issues with hospitals. I'm hoping she was joking.

We were at the hospital visiting a friend whose appendix burst. Burst! On her spring break! How hard does that suck? I'm guessing pretty hard. Although, she did inform me that she gets to keep the hospital gown, and that's a pretty sweet score. Feel better, Shae.

In other Pullman news, Maryanne and I saw a dog dressed up the other day. Ok, while I enjoyed little Rocky's sweatshirt last week (see below post) and occasionally little Belle-vis had to wear a sweater in the winter (it was cold and she had no hair), I really don't appreciate animals dressed up. And by dressed up, I mean in outfits. And this dog (and it was a bigger dog, nothing precious like a Pomeranian or Chihuahua, so I'm guessing it was mortified) had on a shirt (SHIRT! And it looked like a button-up, dress shirt), a hat (like a yacht hat) and, dear Jesus save us all, a flowered lei. A lei.

After snickering about the dog getting "lei-d" I was just embarrassed for it. A maybe a tad bit envious that the dog was more fancy than I was. Please insert your own joke here about the last time I got lei-d.

Hey, speaking of creepy jokes, so I had to present yesterday on this project I did last year. It was about national parks. On the way to the presentation, I was talking about spicing up my talk with references to Elvis (because the ties between parks and Elvis are so clear, such as: they are both national treasures, they are a huge part of our nation's history, and they are both hot. Wait, that's just Elvis.). Maryanne made the huge mistake of saying she didn't think I could do it, and challenge accepted.

I stopped myself with three very subtle references to Elvis (and by subtle, I mean painfully blatant and semi-awkward for the audience). I could have done more, but I reined myself in. That was my controlling the crazy, for those who were there.

Okay, I need to work now. Interestingly enough, I am working on my Elvis lecture for next week's class. I have embraced the crazy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Embrace the crazy!" Love it. If it makes you happy, do it and enjoy!! :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I'm so sorry I missed yesterday. I had to go home for lunch with the mister. Personally, I don't know why she doubted you would do that. That was easy for you to do...!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home