Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Going the Distance

Wow, my poor little blog is slowly dying. So sad. I've been a bit busy, and sadly this is not a top priority.

But I'm currently waiting for someone to call back, and I'm at a bit of a standstill on a specific project until the phone rings (and I don't want to work on my other projects until this gets done later today), so I can kill some time here. I have TWO stories/posts for today, so there. Two, because I don't want to toss them together.

What have I been up to? After coming home from D.C., I remained in Pullman for a few days before a hectic road trip. I needed some archival info from the University of Utah, so I hopped in my car, and quickly completed this research. My time was severely limited, so my apologies to people in Pocatello and Utah that I had about five minutes to visit.

Since getting back, I've been working. I did love taking a long celebratory lunch a few weeks ago after finishing a major project. Thai food tastes so much better when the stress level is severely decreased. And I need to remember, when telling friends that it is time for a celebration lunch, to be clear I mean "celebrating" and not "Sella-brating" lest they go to the wrong spot. My bad. And that's for you, Castaspella.

Last week I also met a little black pug named Rocky. He was wearing a sweatshirt, which I found adorable because I pictured him triumphantly running up stairs. And when I told him his whole life was a million to one shot, I got crickets from Laura, from his owners, and from the cashier ringing up my pita. Not my audience, clearly.

But now I want a pug to play with my future/imaginary long-haired chihuahua. So all of you need to constantly and consistently remind me of the fact that I am the worst pet owner ever. Except for maybe those owners who dress their dogs in outfits that match their own. And those who name large dogs Tiny and small dogs Max. Ass-hats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home