Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Take a deep breath . . .

So I'm in D.C. And after almost two days of mentally cursing at my computer (I was too afraid to do this out loud, lest it hear and decide that I should be royally fucked over), it is now working. But it has left me bitter. And my hatred of technology (but really, when I say technology, I mean my ass-hat of a computer) has increased substantially.

Ok, quick recap before this bitch dies (and I"m referring to the computer). I spent Sunday in the Seattle airport. And by Sunday, I mean all mother-fucking day. 9 am to midnight.

Sea-Tac, just FYI, pretty much sucks ass.

But I got a lot of work done on some projects, and I effectively used my time. And then Lynette and I got drunk-ish on someone else's tab. So actually Sea-Tac, not so bad.

We got into D.C. at 8 or so Monday morning (estimated time of originally scheduled arrival: 4 pm Sunday--thank you blizzard in Chicago), showered, and headed off to the Archives to work for a few hours. Unfortunately, since we had had maybe 6 hours of sleep since Saturday, our working time was probably not very productive.

Solution? Hitting a bar in downtown.

Judge not, lest ye be bitch-slapped by travel delays. We earned our happy hour.

And then we went back to the hotel and slept for about 12 hours. And it was pretty sweet.

Tomorrow my stalking of Don Geronimo shall begin. And by begin, I mean continue. And by stalking, I mean listening to his show in the same timezone that he's in.

5 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Dwayne says your travel delays due to snow are due to the fact that you were in Hawaii and everyone else here was freezing. You know it is all about retribution.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Have fun Don stalking. Wish I was there.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whose don geronimo? sounds like an italin indian 2 me.
youre blog is not very sexual.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

I'll take my delays and my vacation to Hawaii. I'm okay with that.

And, anonymous retard, sorry my site isn't sexual enough for you. It is probably going to keep me up at nights, just worrying. That and the fact that you can spell neither Italian nor two. Three letters is too long, I guess, so for most people resorting to IM-language probably makes sense. Well done.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another remark to Anonymous: The word you were looking for was NOT whose, rather, who's (as in a contraction of who is). Did you finish junior high?
Ace, please don't fret about your lack of sexuality. Anyone who knows you knows what a sensual creature of the night you truly are...at least when you are stalking Don or Elvis impersonators.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home