Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Bam!

A) Raise your hand if you kicked a little ass yesterday in the making of Christmas dinner. That's right, my first turkey ever was succulent, juicy, and all around delicious. Who knew I could cook? A quick shout-out to the Rhetts for teaching me at Thanksgiving, even though I was distracted by People's Sexiest Man of the Year issue. And again a few weeks ago, even though I was distracted by the glory of their cable. Why, again, do people put up with me? In my defense, I really wanted to do my Julia Child impression all day yesterday, but I refrained.

B) Raise your hand if your Elvis shrine was added to yesterday.

C) Raise your hand if you have to return a puppy dog cookie jar today. If only I was eight.

D) Raise your hand if you, in your very first year ever participating, took first place in your Fantasy Football league. First. First place. Beat everyone. By getting first. You don't mess with the Memphis Mafia. Unfortunately, only four of us chipped in on the victory pool, so I didn't really win any money. If this strikes you as sad, and very un-Christmasy, feel free to donate money to me. And my winning team.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I'm going to go call Heather and see what's what with the leftovers. Yum. Enjoy the last few days of 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home