Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The tragedy of today

Yes, I know I already posted today. Don't you have anything better to do than to judge me for posting multiple times?

Good segue into how I have nothing better to do than to post multiple times. And the tragedy? I have set the bar pretty high for what promises to be a disappointment to you.

I lost an earring today. Let's put this into some historical context, shall we? I'm pretty bummed because this is a magical earring. Not in a Jem sense, but still.

Ok, I'm too lazy to change my earrings often and I pretty much wear the same pair every day. I love my pearl earrings, and they match everything (in my world), so I leave them in most times. A few years ago during the winter, I was wearing earmuffs. Yes, I was. When I took them off, one of my earrings flew off, but I didn't notice.

A few hours later I figured it out and panicked. They are real pearls, and I do love the earrings. I knew what must have happened, so I went outside to where I took off the earmuffs. It had been a few hours, it had snowed, and it was on a hill where numerous people walked by. I assumed it was gone, gone, gone.

Behold the magic pearl earring! There it was! No one had kicked it further downhill accidentally, no one had stolen it (I know how dumb that sounds, yes), and I could still find it under the snow.

I love these earrings, so I'm less than thrilled that I lost this one today. This shall be the true test of its magical powers, if it reappears yet again. That would be truly outrageous.

Two Jem references in one post. I'm amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home