Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long Live Mrs. King

Blah, blah, blah, restful and relaxing weekend, blah, blah, blah, Labor Day, blah, blah, blah, out of town. I'll catch up on that later because I have a HUGE piece of news now that takes precedence.

One of my friends, who has opted to remain anonymous, is getting married to an Elvis Tribute Artist!

Isn't that the greatest thing ever? I'm already planning out the TCB wedding, and hoping I can be a female member of the Memphis Mafia. I'm assuming the wedding will take place at Graceland, with me crooning "Love Me Tender" as she walks down the aisle. And since I will be a member of this bridal party, I hope the groom knows the usual tradition regarding the bridesmaids and the husband-to-be (you know, how we all get to tap that before the wedding. Or is this just an Idaho custom?).

Now before this anonymous friend decides to comment, maybe I should mention that I am prone to hyperbole. Shocking, I know. Maybe their engagement hasn't OFFICIALLY been announced. And maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself on their relationship. And maybe they just went out once, yesterday, and she put in a phone call to a shrieking-with-excitement Ace who might have filled in the rest of the details.

And maybe I should seek help.

Sigh. I guess I should cancel the order for four white sequined jumpsuits for all of the groomsmen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

If the new Mrs. King wants she could probably have a whole wedding with Elvis impersonators. Pretty coll!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shows my ignorance: is there a difference between an Elvis Impersonator and an Elvis Tribute Artist? I've been wondering this for a while... Is it merely semantics, or are there differing degrees of classiness? To me, a Tribute Artist sounds better than an Impersonator (maybe because impersonator sounds similar to impostor).

11:02 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Yes, an Elvis Impersonator is an amateur who is not that great. An Elvis Tribute Artist (or ETA, as losers such as myself refer to them)is much, much better.

The future Mr. Ace, Donny Edwards, is an ETA. My make-out buddy from my last Vegas trip, Tim Welch, is an impersonator.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

If I was an ETA I wouldn't want a bunch more ETAs around, it could give me a complex. I'd already know I was better than the impersonators.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home