Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm 50!

I'm pretty sure that soon I will qualify as the biggest loser ever. Even more so than now.

Background story that will explain why I am going to choose to be this loser: So yesterday I had to drive up to one campus to get my coffee and paper before heading down to the other campus. I was wearing a skirt with no pockets, so I knew my hands were going to be full (cell phone, car keys, money, etc.).

I had to take my cell in, because I was calling a radio station for their morning "Expresso-Retro" name-that-80s-song contest. Which I won yesterday by the way (thank you Cure). I had to pick up two coffees because I owed someone else, and I was also picking up two papers, because the day before I had grabbed Monday's instead of Tuesday's. Is anyone still following along on this story?

Good.

Anyways, so I'm now holding my phone, my keys, wallet, two papers, and two coffees. And I spilled the goddamn coffee on my skirt. Again. So I've decided I need a better way of carrying things. While my friend Maryanne suggested I get a purse, I've decided that I'm going to get one of those belt-clip cell phone holder things.

You know, like the ones middle-aged men have. Because I am a loser. Feel free to not hang out with me when I sporting my super-cool new accessory. I will understand.

3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

You could actually be a bigger loser by getting a fanny pack.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cell phone belt clip because it makes me feel like a cowboy with a gun at my hip. Now if only I could get my ring tone to be a surly cowboy saying "Draw!"

http://nateisablog.blogspot.com

3:17 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Yes, the fanny pack is sexy. And Nate, you should get The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as your ringtone.

And yes, I realize what a loser I am.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home