Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

R.I.P. Blister

Well, Blister has gone to a better place. And by that, I mean anyplace that is not my home. She never returned after I booted her out, so I'm pretty sure her real owners have now locked her inside. For the best, really, since I should not own pets.

Hopefully it taught my cat a valuable lesson that she can be replaced. By someone younger and cuter. It's a harsh lesson we've all had to learn at least once in our lives.

Speaking of learning lessons, someone sent me a news story about one of the many future Mr. Aces, Stephen Colbert. He was named second sexiest anchor on TV. While his number two rating is clearly a mistake (but, in all fairness, he lost to some French chick), he is the only male on the list. By the way, the Pulitzer-winning, hard-hitting journalism Maxim magazine compiled this list.

Maxim had this to say on Stephen: "Sure, he lacks functional cleavage and, in his hermetically sealed suits flashes less skin than Diane Sawyer, but shame on you, liberal media, to tell us that ... (he) can't be as sexy as a Joy Behar or a Helen Thomas. Hard-left media arbiters of sexy, you're on notice." Um, I'm not a big fan of ranking women for their sexiness, so maybe I'm not the best judge of this, but is Joy Behar sexy? I'm guessing no. Anyways, Maxim does have a point: Stephen should flash a little more cleavage. Just a little something for his stalkers. Uh, fans, I mean.

So congratulations to you, Stephen Colbert. In my book, which is worth considerably more than Maxim's opinion, you are on top.

Pun intended.

If you need some evidence of Stephen's sheer sexiness, please to be going to the following sites on youtube:
Stephen *eating* a banana and cracking up (2 minutes in, well worth it, I promise)
Stephen opening up about his past

The Dancing Muchachos
Stephen graciously congratulating Barry Manilow on his Emmy win
The best music video ever
Stephen giving a civics lesson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home