Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Niagra Ghetto Falls

Ok, so my exams are this week. I've been studying this weekend non-stop. If by non-stop, that includes sporadic Scrubs and Arrested Development marathons. We call those "stress relievers." Speaking of stress relievers (of the second-best quality), I decided last night that to calm down and forget about studying and worrying about exams and thinking death thoughts on all faculty associated with said exams, that I would take a relaxing bath.

And don't judge me. I'm a clean person, and I took a shower first, so I wasn't soaking in a stew of my own filth. Wow. That was graphic.

So after my bath (added to by candles and a good book and Elvis singing in the background. Seriously, don't judge me), I was all calm and feeling good. This feeling lasted approximately five seconds.

4, 3, 2, 1.

I walked downstairs and found that my bath had one other side-effect besides relieving my stress. We all like waterfalls, right? They're beautiful and soothing and awe-inspiring, blah, blah, blah. It's my own picky personal preference, though, that I only like them outside. Not so much in my bedroom. On top of my dresser. Onto my carpet.

That's right. There's some problem with the plumbing in my apartment that resulted in a mini-flood in my bedroom. Shocking, I know, considering that I live in the ghetto.

So, yeah, my stress level went right back up as I calculated where I will be showering until things are fixed, how much this is going to screw up my very regimented morning schedule, and how much damage was actually done to my belongs. Before you all get worried (and by you all, I mean me), my framed Elvis newspaper was out of the line of fire.

A collective sigh of relief from everyone, I'm guessing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Good Luck tomorrow!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home