Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Things that shouldn't be baby friendly

Ok, everyone should go see Little Miss Sunshine. Hysterical. Oh, Steve Carell. You're not as hot as Stephen Colbert, nor as funny, but you do alright.

Anyways, week one at school one is done (look at me all Dr. Suess-y with my rhymes. Maybe I'm destined to be the next K-Fed with his mad talent). School two starts on Monday, but I'm pretending that that's not true. Because denial is good for everyone. My "I hate Forrest Gump and Tom Hanks" rant was added to with an "I hate Tom Cruise" rant Thursday. But I think more people are with me on that one. Because he's crazy. And stuff. Overall, I'm pretty sure my students find my class "interesting."

I just care about entertaining myself for the 75 minutes of class time. Isn't that a great teaching philosophy?

So now I'm sitting at a coffee shop, supposedly studying. My friend Dutch is here with me, and I'm pretty sure she is studying, so I probably should be. But I'm sure it looks to everyone that I am hard at work. Appearances are everything.

Oh, quick story and then I really must do some work. So apparently a student in one of my friend's classes is a young mother who enjoys bringing her very tiny baby to class. And nursing. In class.

Ok, so she does cover herself up, but that kid is still attached to her *lady parts* while the professor is lecturing. Am I the only person who finds this disturbing?

Back to work. Or to get another oatmeal raisin cookie. Decisions, decisions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe she was inspired by National Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7). Not that that's any excuse for doing it in a public setting like that. Eew.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Have a chocolate chip cookie forget the health raisins.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home