Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, August 28, 2006

Her name was Lola

Who fell down some stairs on the first day of school? In their skirt? In front of someone?

Uh, not me.

Not at all.

Ok, so whoever invented s'mores is a brilliant food mastermind. And I don't care if "invent" is a tad over the top in this scenario (per se). I love them. Oh, I went to a barbecue yesterday in case you missed my lightning-fast (or invisible) segue. It was great fun. The only dark shadow to this fun-filled barbecuing extravaganza was the fact that it was held on a Sunday, so I knew I had to go to work today. Silver lining to that shadow, though, is that by work, I mean "work."

I love my job. I mean, "job."

I talked about Elvis today in front of my students. Someone pays me to do this. Not well, mind you, and not with their "permission" or "sanction" but I still do it.

Quick Emmys comment and then it's back to studying. Did anyone else see Barry Manilow and his tribute to a stroked-out Dick Clark? Manilow, who is going in for "hip surgery" today, really needs to stop taking Tori Spelling's advice on what constitutes good plastic surgery. Scary, scary stuff. He scares me even more, because he's how I picture Clay Aiken in 80 years. Clay Aiken mixed with a coked-out Rod Stewart, with just a touch of the Runaway Bride and her creepy eyes thrown in for good measure.

And off to study absolutism. Or watch videos on youtube.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can say from experience that falling down stairs is much less embarrassing than falling *up* stairs.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home