Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Set my soul on fire

Ah, Vegas. I love you so much.

Why do vacations (a) have to end and (b) have to cost money? But regardless, vacations are still God's gift to everyone. I had the greatest time ever, for many reasons. Let's list them, shall we?

1. I hugged one Elvis Tribute Artist.

2. I saw five great shows, including Pearl Jam. Man, do they ever put on a great show. Go see them. Worth every penny.

3. Every show I saw had a bit of Elvis in it. Some were obvious (clearly the "Legends in Concert" tribute show and "All Shook Up" at Elvis-a-Rama would have this), some were semi-obvious (the X-treme Magic Show with Dirk featured "A Little Less Conversation" during one of the illusions) and the other two were a stretch. We did indeed go to "Thunder From Down Under," and let's just say that I will never be able to listen to "G.I. Blues" the same way again. And, the best Elvis tribute and most unexpected, Pearl Jam played "Little Sister." It was Awe. Some.

4. I have no idea why I'm in grad school, when clearly my life-calling is to sing in a piano bar. Go to The Bar at Times Square in New York, New York the next time you're in Vegas.

5. I can always find my people in Vegas. While buying tickets to "Legends," the man behind the counter announced that he loved my Elvis necklace. We then bonded over "Elvis by the Presleys," and I think we semi-creeped out Nicole. He then remembered me the next day.

6. Speaking of my Elvis necklace, our brilliant cocktail waitress saw it and asked if Elvis was my name.

And the best portion of the trip, which makes reason number one just look sad in comparison, is that we went to another Elvis tribute show (which was, I'll admit, less than spectacular). During the show, which we had front row seats to, I got the scarf from this ETA's neck. So look for that on proud display the next time you come over. And the scarf still wasn't the best portion.

This Elvis Tribute Artist then kissed me during his performance.

And slipped me the tongue.

God bless Vegas. And Elvis.

More to follow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

How could you ever consider leaving Vegas?

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slipped you tongue? And why didn't you bring this ETA back with you? I'm sure you could stuff him in the overhead bin!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you tell the waitress that Elvis is the name of your unborn child?

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home