Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Here's the story . . .

. . . of a man not named Brady, who was busy with a mouthy daughter of his own.

So today is Father's Day, and I just wanted to use this as an opportunity to celebrate the wonder that is my dad. A man who put up with me for 18 years, and who still wants to call me and talk to me and have me come and visit, deserves a high award indeed.

I'm sure many people say this, but I do believe I have the greatest dad. He makes me laugh, guaranteed, every time I talk to him. He tells fascinating stories of his own unruly youth (admittedly, I've heard all of his stories, as he tends to repeat himself). He helps anyone he meets, and I don't think I've ever witnessed him be purposefully mean to anyone.

While he does not have access to this website--for obvious reasons--I will still take advantage of this to confer upon him the highest honor I can: my dad is better than Mike Brady. And he doesn't have the perm. Happy Father's Day, dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home