Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, June 17, 2006

So long, Pullman!

My dog's test results came back, and she is fine and dandy so now I can tell this story without feeling badly.

Ok, so she had to have her little bandage on for a few days so she didn't mess with her stitches or sutures or whatever it is that the vet did. I came home the other day and my dog clearly didn't agree with the orange color of the bandage, and decided that the time had come to take her healing into her own paws.

She ripped the bandage off and by the time I came home, she was working on her incision. Luckily she didn't get too far, but of course the vet was closed so I could do nothing for the night but I figured I shouldn't leave her alone or she'd just open up all of her stitches.

My joke about the head cone the other day might have turned out to be true. One of my friends called and left me a snide voice mail about fashioning my own from construction paper. Which clearly I would have sitting around the house since I'm so craft-y.

I ultimately decided that she wasn't going to get a cone, because she would probably just kill herself with that on. And her stitches seem to be fine, and the dog in general seems to be fine. And her diet starts today, since I had to carry her all that evening since she couldn't walk on her hurt foot. Perhaps the vet was right on her "weight problem."

Meanwhile, I'm busy packing up and cleaning up my house. I'm out of here for five weeks, heading off to the good old Gate City. My days will consist of studying at the ISU library and joining in on all the fun nightlife Pocatello has to offer. Suggestions?

Alright, I now have to go find all of my library books and overdue video rentals. Let the countdown to Pocatello begin!! Ow!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a rockin' good time in Pocatello, the boys and I could probably be of some assistance. Well, maybe not; the boys aren't old enough for bar-hopping yet, and we haven't discoverd a lot else to do here.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit good old Pine Ridge, Charlie's, the zoo, and the drive-in, and if you're feeling especially wild, head north to Martha's in BF.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Oh how we'll miss you here! Pocatello will the luckier for having you there! Sniff, sniff. Hee,hee,hee!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home