Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Limpy the Dog

Aach. So my dog is back from her surgery, but I won't know anything until Friday. Try not to take the last part of that sentence out of context. Anyways, she has to wear a thick bandage and wrap on her little paw until next week. I'm pretty sure I'm changing vets, because she took longer detailing to me why she chose the color she did for the wrap (orange, to make the dog's black fur seem "even more striking!") than she did explaining the possible results.

But the wrap isn't to get wet, at all. So God decided to make it pour rain just for the fun of it. I had to wrap my dog's paw in a sandwich bag and secure it with a rubber band, before she could go outside and take care of business this morning. Sigh. My only regret is that the vet opted out on the head cone for my dog, because I think the comedic value of that could have been the saving grace.

So the other night I apparently had NOTHING to do because I devoted an hour and a half of my life to watching what is arguably the worst movie ever: Satisfaction, with Justine Bateman and a young Julia Roberts. Justine and some of her friends have a band and they are just on the verge of making it big, thanks to the help of a music producer/bar owner played by none other than Liam Neeson. Clearly Spielberg watched this movie and found his Oskar Schindler.

By the way, Justine is the lead singer of this band and her instrument of choice: cowbell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home