Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Career choices

I am so sad that Don Knotts passed away a few days ago. My father is a huge fan of the Andy Griffith Show, and who didn't love The Apple Dumpling Gang? And Andy Griffith was at his bedside when he passed away.

I briefly toyed with the idea of going into law enforcement when I was younger and decided not to for three reasons. One, I would pull people over all the time just for the fun of it. Two, I don't think I would enjoy the bacon jokes. Three, what if my co-workers and fellow officers thought of me as a Barney Fife and wouldn't let me load my gun? Ok, there might be some other reasons I opted out on that career for my current choice (like having my summers allegedly free and being able to go get a cup of coffee whenever I feel like it and having an office to turn into an homage to Elvis) but you were all thisclose to having Deputy Ace defending your town.

I would have kicked ass as a deputy, just for the record.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the coffee one apply to being a cop too? Of course knowing that I'd be one of the one's you'd pull over for 'fun' I'm grateful your power is limited to the classroom ....

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home