Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, January 20, 2006

My wine glass is half full. Please to be pouring.



Double check your calendars, kids. Today, clearly, was Friday the 13th.

Please excuse my language, but today (and last night, as well) was shit. If it could go wrong, it did.

And I choose not to write about everything (because I'm not even telling my friends half of this crap, let alone some unknown lurkers). In order to skip out on a bitter, snarky blog I am holding off on putting anything on here. The funnier messed-up stuff will probably find their way here, but not until they start to be a bit funnier to me. I'm going to need at least one more day.

The only bright moment of today was when Maryanne (she of the dee-lish pumpkin cheesecake legacy and who has also now fully attained her unassailable position as one of the top-ten people in my life of all time) gave me either a late Christmas gift or an "Oh my God. I can't believe I was seen purchasing this, but I hope you'll enjoy it," just-because gift. My EPE Blue Christmas Cabernet Sauvignon is sitting upstairs. And I love it.

Elvis + wine = making Ace's Friday a whole let better. Thanks Maryanne. And just for that, there will be no snide remarks about Southerners for at least a week. Or 5 days. Yeah, a work week. Or, maybe a weekend. Yup, a weekend. No snide remarks on Southerners for two days. And today's almost over, so let's just say one day and call it good.

Generous to a fault. Yes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

That's you...always generous to a fault.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink your wine, enjoy your weekend, and look forward to the one hour of Scrubs on Tuesday.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home