Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, January 16, 2006

Let the countdown begin . . .

Is it possible to get drunk off of food? Because I'm pretty sure I did last night. I've been on a bad-ass diet and workout schedule this last week, but last night I decided to forget about that and try out a new Italian restaurant.

Where I ate.

A lot.

It was so good, and I just gorged myself. Felt great.

The diet began again today, but I have a distinct ending to this diet/workout thing. Come the second week of March, all bets are off. Which is just in time for me to buy some Girl Scout Cookies, which go on sale next month.

Last year, I got screwed over and all they had left were Caramel deLites. I'm a Thin Mints type o'gal. Swore the whole way home over that one, while shoving cookies in my mouth.

But this year, that isn't happening again. And if you want to buy me some, I also like Peanut Butter Patties. Oh, God, I think I'm drooling.

I love this time of year. God bless the Girl Scouts of America.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just bought $36 of girl scout cookies. Last week. Our freezer quit and we lost 4 boxes we were still savoring from last year. So So SOOOOOO sad. Insurance is covering them! YEAH!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Frick. No girl scouts ever come to my door (I don't think I've ever even seen a girl scout here), so I have to wait until they sell them in front of Wal-Mart.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in girl scouts and almost every year I would win a prize because I would sell the most cookies. That's how I remember it. Whatever happened to Samoas? The coconut cookie?

7:16 PM  
Blogger brian said...

When I taught at Tendoy, I had to buy a box of cookies from every girl scout that went to school there. I think I probably still have a box in my freezer.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

So if a Girl Scout comes to my door do you want me to order you...oh let's say 10 or 12 boxes of Thin Mints and another 5 of the Peanut Butter patties. By the way the Trefoil Cookies are okay to eat on a Weight Watchers Diet. I could throw in 5 or 6 boxes of those for good measure.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Yes, if a girl scout comes a'knockin' buy at least a few boxes of each. Repayment upon receipt. I love cookies.

And I remember Samoas, too, but I'm not a huge coconut fan. But in a pinch, anything with chocolate will be shoved into my mouth.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home