Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sometimes I'm all dumb. And stuff.

I miss my vacation. Not that I've had a trying week or anything, but people expect me to do things once again. And by "things" I mean show up to work, and not sit around and watch TV. Damn.

In the last two days back at work and school, I have seen many a'example of human stupidity. Which I actually can't mock, because I have more than my fair share of this endearing trait.

Best examples from the last week:

(a) Spending five minutes in the dark trying to figure out why I couldn't find the light switch at the bottom of my stairs before remembering that the light switch was on the wall behind me. Where it has been for the last two years that I have lived here.

(b) Confusing Gene Simmons with Richard Simmons when a friend was telling me her celebrity spotting at LAX--and, even sadder, I was disappointed when I figured out who Gene Simmons was. When I was telling people about this sighting, I was picturing the Sweatin' to the Oldies guy. Because I'm a loser.

(c) Getting way too caught up singing along to "The Boxer" and doing the "ly-ly-ly . . . ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly-ly . . . ly-ly-ly . . .KSHSHS!" part way too loudly and enthusiastically. I don't make good sound effects. To let you know.

Uh, yeah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is worse, doing a billion small dumb stuff or one huge dumb stuff? I'll take falling onto the ground a billion times if I can take away all the druken phone calls I've made to ex's.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you: Richard Simmons would be a much better celebrity spotting than Gene Simmons.

And I like to do the back-up on "Don't Worry, Be Happy" loudly.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I way get caught up in Simon and Garfunkel. It's a disease I think. But more people have it than you think, and I am one of them.
I can NOT open the cabinet where the spices are without my own rousing rendition of "Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme" - and I have to have them organized IN THAT ORDER in the cabinet. Or else. The world will end.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home