Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, November 14, 2005

Oh, that Hayley Mills



I can't believe I forgot to post these links. Apparently a post-production company had a contest to see how new editing on an old movie trailer could change the feel of the movie.

The winner recut The Shining as the feel good movie of the year. I'm still at a loss as to how this qualifies as winning first place, since this is always a fun family favorite, but whatever.
http://www.tatteredcoat.com/archives/2005/09/28/the-shining-redux/

The third-place winner changed the original Parent Trap into a lesbian-coming-of-age film.
http://www.moondogedit.com/pages/pl_theapparenttrap.html

What was it originally?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes that whole "isolated cabin" incident much more exciting this way.

Good link.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home