Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, November 03, 2005

More random thoughts

Ok, first, I had the strangest dream last night. My brother and his wife had twin sons last week. That part is real. In my dream, they decided that I should babysit the boys for a few days whilst they went on vacation. I, in turn, dropped the kids off at my friend Maryanne's house so she could watch them. When I went back to pick them up a few hours later, Maryanne was all excited because she had taught one of them how to talk. They are 9 days old, by the way. She had taught him how to say, "I'm thirsty. Bring me my damn coffee." I was stunned by his intellect! What do we think that dream means?

Ok, second, I think my cat may be half-blind. Not that her eyesight is just half there, but that she is blind in her right eye. I was looking at her last night, and I’m pretty sure I’m right.

First, she kept running into my furniture. Now while this may be an attempt to get away from my dog’s “loving interactions,” I’m pretty sure it was because she couldn’t see. Next, she was sitting on my lap and her left eye was looking right at me and rightie was gazing off to the other side. It was almost like she had a glass eye. Which she doesn’t.

I don’t think.

I mean, sometimes I go out of town and leave my cat in the care of others so I guess I don’t know for 100% certain. What if she was running around outside and had some kind of accident, and her real eye was replaced by a fake one, and my friend/cat-sitter was too embarrassed to tell me, so I was just left in the dark?

Or maybe my cat just has a lazy eye. Does this happen to animals, as well as people? And can it just suddenly happen to animals? I’m pretty sure I would have noticed earlier if she had this issue. I’ve had her for over seven years.

I’m pretty sure she’s just going blind. I think I’ll get her a patch. Then at least one of my animals will look tough, since when winter hits I have to strap my dog into a sweater that reads, “I’m a Big Dog!” just to keep her warm. I guess I don’t have to put her into such a gay sweater, but it’s more fun for me that way, because I imagine all the other dogs mock her for it. And I have to find ways to amuse myself.

Wow. That was quite the incoherent rambling.

Interesting side-note from last night's birthday dinner: We were discussing an author/historian who is coming to give a lecture and someone said they heard he was a real ass. Someone else said that they were going to try to meet him because, and I swear to God this is a real quote, "I want to see an asshole in action." This is why we are to think before we speak.

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Your cat might just have a super bad eye infection or has had its cornea scratched while out "catting" around at night. Or maybe it was a reaction the snake.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Your cat might just have a super bad eye infection or has had its cornea scratched while out "catting" around at night. Or maybe it was a reaction the snake.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home