Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, November 11, 2005

Gimped out in Pullman

As an added bonus to the last post and discussions of people who can't talk, I have one additional story. It involves someone's foot, his mouth, and me doubled over laughing.

I hurt my ankle/foot earlier this week and have been using a cane to get around. For the record, I am not a member of AARP. My cane is a leftover reminder of my accident last spring. As it turns out, it was a pretty good investment. Plus, it is SEX-AY!!! Ow! Nothing like seeing a younger person all gimped out with a cane.

Anyways, so the people I work with find it hysterical that I have a cane. And they mock me. And there is a special place in hell just for them. So I'm in the main office talking, and one of the *professors* in my department comes in (a term I clearly use loosely. Uh, the professor part. Not comes in. I would hate to think what "comes in" could be used loosely as.) and just says, "Hey gimpy." He leaves the office, not noticing the look of anger/confusion on the face of some random undergrad standing next to me. This guy had just had surgery and had one of those surgical boots on. And, of course, he assumed that he was the one being addressed as gimpy.

I loved it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your loyal readers want not only a picture of the Hulk, but also of you with your cane.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, where are those cane pictures?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home