Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, November 27, 2006

Oreos and vomit in one post! Amazing!!

Ok, so it was pointed out to me in a comment on my previous post that I have double-dipped on titles. This is the second time I have used “Pukey Ace” just in November. I don’t think this was a slam on me* so much as a gentle reminder that I might have some larger problems. So . . .

Hi. I’m Ace. I’m a vomit-aholic.

(Hi Ace)

Maybe I am Pukey Ace a lot. I’m sensing a trend. Except the last one was from food poisoning (or Ace’s callous disregard for dietary standards when it comes to spicy foods) and this one includes the added bonuses of sore throat, fever, aches, and all those other symptoms from those horrible Nyquil commercials. Ah, Nyquil. That blessed angel of night.

Uh, sorry. Got side-tracked.

Ok, so maybe I do get Pukey fairly frequently. Maybe I’m bulimic and I just don’t know it. It would certainly explain my amazing propensity to polish off a whole bag of Oreos in one sitting, but it would leave me puzzled as to how my scale ain’t moving but at all.

For the record, I'm not bulimic. But I do like Oreos, and my half-birthday is this weekend. Just sayin'.

So, sorry for the already-used title. I blame my lack of creativity on my fever. And my fondness for invoking the spirit of St. Belle-vis. Which you don’t all get, but trust me, she deserves to be invoked. R.I.P., little Belle-vis. R.I.P.

*If it was a slam on me, I know where the poster is and I can inform said poster’s step-mother-in-law that she LOVES her interior decorating skills and would thoroughly enjoy it if said in-law could redecorate said poster’s house. Follow? Man, I could have been a lawyer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heathie said...

I wasn't pointing out the double use of the title, I was pointing out the being sick twice. Bummer.
And please don't have said in-law come decorate my house. Unless she wants to give me those nice leather couches they never use... Actually, David said maybe we should have them put some of their nicer stuff in our house; it would be less to clean out of their house when they die.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home