Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, November 27, 2006

Pukey Ace

And I'm sick. With the flu. And as blech-y as I feel, I'm more angry than anything because I got a

MOTHER-FUCKING FLU SHOT!!!

I sat through it. I had the needle pierce my delicate skin. I got the band aid. I was mocked for my fraidy-ness. But I did it so I wouldn't get sick.

And I'm sick.

So I'm not in the best of moods, and now I have to go teach again today (working off a few hours of sleep and nothing but tea in my system). Lord knows what sorts of things will come out of my mouth.

Ew. I just reread that, and I meant what kinds of things I'd say, but it came across as projectile vomiting.

And that's the image I shall leave you with.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone at work who got the shot got the flu a few days after. Plus, I just heard on the radio this morning that there's a MAJOR stomach flu going around right now.

I hope you feel better. :(

4:40 PM  
Blogger Heathie said...

This is the second "Pukey Ace" post this month! Sorry to hear about it! As my friend Dimitri Martin says, "Get well soon? [Screw] that. Get well now."

7:11 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

A) I'd better not have any nasty virus floating around on me.

B) Stomach flu! Ew! And I got my shot six weeks ago, so I shouldn't be suffering from that. Damn quacks.

C) Please to be reading my next post.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home