Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, October 20, 2006

Double-check

Check-list for things to get done Friday:

1) Pack lunch (after gorging on Thai food and cookies last night, probably said lunch should also be semi-healthy)

2) Finish grading exams

3) Do secondary research on some laws

4) Clean office

5) Email abstract to professor in Minnesota

6) Finish article edits

Guess how many of those got done? I love Fridays.

Here is my re-vamped check-list that I think is much more realistic/already accomplished:

1) Buy lunch at work (sounds like a hotdog type of day)

2) Clean half of office until discovery that one of my Elvis magnets fell off my filing cabinet.

3) Get distracted over magnet-fiasco, and get coffee instead

4) Watch clips of The Daily Show on youtube

5) Think about reorganizing books at office. But don't.

6) Start eyeing the clock at 2 and thinking that it is time for the weekend to begin

7) Plan TV-themed costume for department Halloween party

8) Update blog instead of working on article

See, with this list my Friday seems much more productive. I'm off for early drinks to be followed by watching The Prestige (which, for one person in particular out there, features Christian Bale--"Pulitzer and Hearst think we're nothing. Are we nothing!"). Enjoy the weekend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is The Prestige and where the kook do I find it??? This has become priority number one on MY checklist for Friday now. Or, I could just watch Newsies to get my daily dose of Christian Bale hotness.

And, CONGRATULATIONS, ABD-Ace!!! Whee!!!! You're my new hero.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. What's your costume? I'm having trouble thinking one up. I was considering being Strawberry Whorecake. But that seems wildly inappropriate. And probably too much for the historians to handle.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

A) The Prestige is pretty good. Go see it. Even though he doesn't sing or rally the boys.

B) Please don't go anywhere dressed as Strawberry Whorecake. Or ever say the words "Strawberry Whorecake" ever again. What is The South doing to you?

C) Thanks, ABD-Castaspella!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

At least you accomplished something.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home