Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Good Sunday morning!

I bought a new vacuum yesterday and I must say that this purchase was, so far, the highlight of my weekend. And, yes, I realize how sad that sounds. I didn't realize how much my old vacuum sucked (or failed to) until this new one made its way into my life. Sigh. Ok, thus ends Ode to the Dirt Devil.

While at the store making said purchase, I got to hear for free what some people pay $3.99 per minute for. This young-ish girl (I'm hoping at least in college) was on her cell phone VIVIDLY describing her activities on the night before. With some random guy she met at a party. Let's just say she blew him away. A-hem. Among other things.

Seriously, detail by detail recounted. And she had to see me standing there because we were on the SAME EXACT AISLE. While I compared different vacuums, she just kept talking. No shame. Or maybe she needed the inspiration of the vacuums to aptly tell her story. Dainty little lady.

Then I went to buy accoutrement for my Halloween costume. Good times. Which is a hint of what I will be. My other hint is hideous. This will be my least attractive costume yet. As an added bonus, only three of us at the party will get it. But that's better than my typical batting average for people who get my jokes.

Oh, and people should go see The Prestige. If only for the surprise (for me at least) appearance of David Bowie. Yes, the Goblin King is in this. Sans massive eye make-up and tight clothing. I love David Bowie, but seeing him play a strait-laced inventor circa turn-of-the-century made me giggle for a good five minutes. And for the one person who didn't get why I was giggling, and just kept staring over at me (probably imagining I was having a mild break-down), now don't you feel silly?

Enjoy the weekend, kids.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty jealous of your new vacuum. That dog we got from you--in a round-about sort of way--has decided that October would be a good time to resume shedding and our vacuum is powerless against the molting. I'm thinking of getting one of those big carwash vacuums. It would be worth 50 cents every time to get all that junk off my forest green shag carpet.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home