Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, October 02, 2006

ABD--almost

Three words, my friends:

Fuck. Yes. Baby.

I just got the word that I passed my doctoral exams (the written portions). Passed. Passed my exams. Successfully passed my exams. Whoo!!!!!!!!!

Now, while I have to still teach one more class today, I have a feeling that there will be celebrations a-plenty later today. Feel free to send me any gift that you think would suffice. Cash always works. Or Elvis items. Or both.

I'd also like to take this time to help all the people who helped me. First is, of course, me. Well done to me for all my hard work. Good job. Second, all the other people who had to also take their exams. See how we didn't contribute to each other's nervous breakdowns? Excellent work, though, for all of you. Third, is Toni. Because she sent me money to use for "stress-relief." Which I translated into "vodka tonics." Take a page from her book. Fourth, Laura for all of her work to keep me distracted, via watching Twin Peaks and Scrubs. Fifth, my father for letting me stay at his house for free for a month so I could study. Sixth, for all the people who bought me rounds a few weeks ago at Rico's. Well done. Seventh, to Dwayne and Vicki for all their support and, more importantly, candy bars. And finally, to anyone I have neglected to mention. Just because I can't remember you makes you no less important. I promise.

I have some celebrating to go do now. As we all should.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Toni mentioned to me that she had been thinking more along the lines of "mocha latte" but whatever it takes...
Congrats on passing!

4:08 PM  
Blogger brian said...

congrats! I wish I was all learned up like you.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Congratulations! I knew you would pass!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home